- His main research interesting fields are molecular biology, tumor oncology, stem cell research and new drug development against neurological disease.
- current serves at the department of pathology at Tzu-Chi University as a professor and associate vice president, Bioinnovation Center, Tzu Chi foundation.
- He received his surgical pathology training at Tri-Service General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan.
- He also owns PhD degree at pathology department of Duke University, Durham, USA (1987-1991).
- Previously, he was a professor in the Department of Pathology at the National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan (1997-2002)